Sunday, December 18, 2005

A little sprinkling of snow...

Brrrr.....twas a cold and snowy morning - I believe Bernard's car reported it being -1 when we departed for the plot. We (being Flo, myself, Anne, Bernard and Uncle Harry) arrived at 11am just in time to witness the first draw in the annual Bluebell Allotment Association Raffle. All of about 10 people turned up to view the prize draw. Flo and I didn't win a thing - not even the bottle of 'champagne' and were bitterly disappointed.
We then headed over to the plot to harvest the last remaining carrots, a few parsnips and some Jerusalem artichokes. Still no sign from the beans or garlic (having said that, there was a layer of snow in the way).However, I did notice that the 'Floey-Trap 2000' I had set with tea and cake as a lure the night before had rewarded my efforts with quite a catch!.

Otherwise, the allotment is relatively docile at the moment. I can confirm, through a little investigation, that the garlic has sprouted some roots. That's about it until 2006!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home