Thursday, April 20, 2006

Allotmentfest 2006

We started the day with a Bond Street breakfast at the cafe before heading over to the plot for some serious work. Flo and I started work weeding pretty much everything that is currently in, including the onions, carrots, asparagus etc. I then, rather naughtily, ran of to play some Frisbee for an hour. However, I did manage to recruit two volunteers to help when I got back! yay for Mike and Nicky... Flo and Nicky worked on planting the rest of our maincrop potatoes (Sante and Pink Fir Apples), whilst Mike and myself worked on putting up the netting around the fruit cages. Mike planted another row of Carrots whilst Flo planted 6 spare summer cabbages that we gratefully received from Ron, our plot neighbor. Flo and I planted our sunflowers and cornflowers that did so well last year. Finally, I worked on defining the path by using a straight-edge spade and cutting a 3" deep trench along each side, defining the boards nicely - up until this point, it had all looked very undefined and shabby (in my opinion). All in all, an excellent day on the plot, catching up for the week that we were away...

2 Comments:

At 9:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any off cuts of netting - I need to protect my 8 strawberry plants.

 
At 8:59 am, Blogger Flo and Ben said...

yeah..we have loads...when will we see you again? - btw have purchased a new computer and will soon be running AoE III ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home